Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today's theme is "Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread."
1. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor- I LOVED Daughter of Smoke and Bone and begged my nana for the sequel for Christmas... but never read it... I recently read a glowing review for it and will pick it up soon!
2. Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick- I am in love with this series. I own all of the books and have read them multiple times. So, I bought Finale right when it came out... and never read it. I'm not sure why! I'll read it (After Clockwork Princess of course!!! BECAUSE THAT COMES OUT TODAY AND EVERYTHING ELSE COMES SECOND)
3. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith- I wanted to read this one so badly. It has everything I want in a contemporary- and a great cover. For whatever reason, it's still sitting on my bookshelf.
4. The Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa- As I stated in my review of The Eternity Cure (which you can find here) I love everything Julie Kagawa. I bought The Iron Legends fully intending to read it (I mean come on, it's just a book of novellas. it's not that difficult), and just never did because I suck.
5. Another Faust by Daniel & Dina Nayeri- I thought this sounded really cool and wanted it for a while, so I found it at my fave used book store and bought it. But, it smelled weird and I never read it.
*THIS IS WHERE THE CHEATING BEGINS*
(by cheating I mean these are books I've won and never picked up)
6. Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulten- I really enjoyed Angelfire but just never got around to the sequel. I'm not sure why. I mean, it's personalized to me and everything. I just never read it. *hides in shame*
7. Entice by Jessica Shirvington- I loved Embrace, so I was ecstatic when I won Entice (signed and everything), but, by the time I got it, I was off my obsession with Embrace and into something else, so the series never got continued. :(
8. Pure by Julianna Baggott- I actually did begin this one but it was dreadfully boring and the characters were weirdly named... this one is really cheating, as it's a DNF not a book I had to buy, but hey- YOLO (just kidding that's a stupid statement... I just wanted to get as close to 10 as I could, okay?!)
Aw my colorful post is colorful. It feels like spring :D
I haven't done one of these in so long because I just haven't had the energy! I forgot how much fun they were!! Also, I have good news- Do you guys remember that I told you about my nomination for North Carolina Governor's School a while back? You probable don't because most of you haven't been here at Bookworm in Love that long! Anyways, I talked about it at the end of this post (ironically my Angelfire review). The point of me mentioning it is- I GOT ACCEPTED. There were only 2 academic people who were accepted from my school (the other girl is going for math), and only 4 in my county for English (what I'm going for). So, yeah. Super excited. (You can ignore this portion of my post)
So, what books do you own and have not read? Or do you have any good news you wanna share??