May 29, 2012

Fear

I'm too tired to really research through the book, even though I have a major book crush on Sam Temple, so I'm just gonna do another regular review.


Fear
Michael Grant



Fear (Gone, #5)


It's been one year since all the adults disappeared. Gone.

Despite the hunger and the lies, even despite the plague, the kids of Perdido Beach are determined to survive. Creeping into the tenuous new world they've built, though, is perhaps the worst incarnation yet of the enemy known as the Darkness: fear.
Within the FAYZ, life breaks down while the Darkness takes over, literally—turning the dome-world of the FAYZ entirely black. In darkness, the worst fears of all emerge, and the cruelest of intentions are carried out. But even in their darkest moments, the inhabitants of the FAYZ maintain a will to survive and a desire to take care of the others in their ravaged band that endures, no matter what the cost.
Fear, Michael Grant's fifth book in the bestselling dystopian Gone series, will thrill readers . . . even as it terrifies them.

So... yeah. This book was really, really amazing. I loved Sam and Astrid in this one, because they weren't bickering constantly. There were a lot of parts that kind of shocked me, and it made the whole book even more amazing. The whole time I was thinking "This is so Lord of the Flies... but with girls, too." 


I love the countdowns Mr. Grant puts at the beginning of the chapters, because, when I'm not too engrossed in the action to actually pay attention to them, they add a certain level of suspense. By now I've learned that the countdowns always mean something big is gonna happen when they hit 0, and it got me speculating throughout the whole book what exactly was going to happen. Unfortunately (or fortunately, it depends on how you look at it), I never could figure out what was going to happen, and the end seriously shocked me. The end was probably the craziest part of the whole book, and it was awesome. No more on that topic, though!


The characters were all so much more grown up, that I kept forgetting that Sam and Astrid were just over 15. They acted way older (most of the time) than you would expect of a couple 15 year old kids to act. Even Caine came into himself, and was less neurotic by the end of the book. And I didn't even hate Diana. In all four of the other books, I really, really, seriously hated that chick, like I was supposed to. But, in this one, she wasn't even that irritating, and she was kinda funny. I even felt bad for her at times!


He also tells us what's going on outside the FAYZ, which is really freaky. I don't wanna let too much on about that, but it was amazing how the rest of the world reacted to the anomaly of what happened to Perdido Beach.


This was a serious 5 out of 5 on my like-o-meter. I mean, I already loved this series, but this one was just as awesome as the first one (which was freaking amazing, if I do say so myself). I dig me some sci-fi, and throw some crazy kids and romance in it and its one YA smoothie that is bound to be good.


Yup, that's my excited rant for the day (did I mention I just finished this book like ten minutes ago?). I loved it a lot, and this series is just so insanely amazing, that I think everyone who is mildly interested in it should read it.


<end transmission>

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...