Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today's theme is "Top Ten Books To Get In The Halloween Spirit."
1. So, OBVIOUSLY I gotta put The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin on here, because a) it's totally creeptastic b) it's my favorite book and c) THE EVOLUTION COMES OUT TODAY and I'm sitting here (I'm writing this post on Monday) freaking out. My momma's goin' out to get it for me and I am STOKED. Like, no joke. I'm dying here. Anyways, the 1st book is really creepy what with all the dying and that scene with the insane asylum? yeaah. creeptastic.
2. Next has to be Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, because, uh, hello? Ghosts and killing ghosts and boys dying and she is literally dressed in blood and it's gross. yet awesome.
3. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh, because it's creepy and based off Poe. I mean, he's like the original horror story dude, so Nevermore is definitely Halloween-ish yes?
4. Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey, because of zombies. and witches. yes. Not very creepy, but there's lots about them in there.
5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead Yeah, I know this is a stretch, but there are vampires. And they count for something, because they are kind of scary. Especially Rose, who isn't even a complete vamp.
6. On that notion, can I count City of Bones by Cassandra Clare? Because I'm going to. Vampires, werewolves, the fey, and warlocks all come into play here, along with mentions of zombies. (Also a stretch, but I'm trying to get to 10!)
7. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent is another creepy, yet not too creepy, one. You got the reapers and the souls being taken and lots of demons. Feels like Halloween to me!
8. Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout. Uh, Katy and Dee watch movies on Halloween :) Therefore, it is now Halloween related.
9. The Dark Secrets books by Elizabeth Chandler. DUH I don't know why I didn't think of these earlier. They all involve haunting and ghosts and it's actually pretty creepy.
10. Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan and Justine Larbalestier. Because it's cute and funny and the vampires are very Halloween-y.
LOL what books did you guys pick?