Feb 4, 2014

{Top Ten Tuesday} Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today's theme is "Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry." I don't read very many "sad" books, but I do read books with traumatizing endings, and that's what this list will mainly consist of.


 1. The Madness Underneath - I recently read this one, and the ending broke my heart. Thank God there's going to be more of them to ease the pain. Can't really tell you why I cried, because that's spoilery, but I did cry, and you should read this series. You'll see a lot about it in the next few days here.

2. City of Ashes - This is the most depressing of all The Mortal Instruments. I don't know who hasn't read this series, or doesn't know what happens in it, but I don't want to spoil anything - again. The first three books are AMAZING so read them.

3. The Darkest Minds - I don't have to be Ruby to sense a pattern here. Can't really tell you why I cried, but just know that I did. That the ending ripped my heart into little bitty pieces and made me cry at the kitchen table. I did read Never Fade, and it was just as good as TDM, but I never reviewed it. Whoops.

4. Clockwork Princess - This is my favorite of the Shadowhunter series. I freaking love The Infernal Devices, and the end of Clockwork Princess is beautifully sad and glorious and whatever else you wanna call it. I love it. I also bawled my eyes out and layed on my floor for a few hours after I finished.

5. This Lullaby - This is my very favorite Sarah Dessen book. Remy's story is so wonderful and redemptive and I love it. When she and Dexter broke up my heart shattered (I think it's old enough to spoil...) but it's worth reading over and over and over again.

6. East of Eden - Now, don't get me wrong, I actually really enjoyed this book. However, it's 601 pages long and it was assigned as summer reading between my sophomore and junior years. Believe me, I cried when I started reading it. The story is really intricate for like the first 450 pages. And intricate means dull. It picks up the last 150 and everything comes together and that's awesome, but 601 pages? Ugh.

That's it. That's all I have. What books made you cry?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. The Darkest Minds made me want to cry but I was on a train so I didn't... my list also has 6 books but now that I am reading a few lists I am remembering more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! I've heard that The Madness Underneath had that kind of ending and I haven't read it yet. I want to wait til I have the 3rd book at the ready so I can sob, sob cry, kleenex and next book please! But already my mind has been racing with speculations and predictions over why the ending was so cliffhangery and tear jerking!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning to read City of Ashes soon, I'm just debating whether or not I need to do a series reread first. I'm a bit worried that City of Ashes made your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to read 'The Darkest Minds.' It's on my shelf and ready to go, but now I'm nervous that I'll cry! ha. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I confess that I haven't read any of the books on your list. That make me sad, too. So many books, so little time. Anne@My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...