Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today's theme is "Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon."
1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - I mean, this is my favorite book series, and Noah is my #1 book boyfriend. Rich British boys do me in every time. The way it's written ends up really romantic, even though they barely make out at all. It's beautiful.
2. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen - This is my all time fave Sarah Dessen book. I love Dexter with all my might and their relationship if so friggin cute. He's such a goober, and she's so sure of herself and together their just a mess. I love it. Especially the scene where he forgets to pay the power bill. It kills me just thinking about it.
3. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter - I love me some Cole Holland. Sexy, tatooed zombie hunter? Sign me up. Cole and Ali are so funny and cute. I love all the boys in this series, though. They're all cute and unique in their own ways. I love how hardcore everyone is and how Cole still manages to romance my socks off. Yum.
4. Shatter Me & Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi - I'm counting both of them because Tahereh made me fall in love with two different boys in one series. It's beautiful. I loved Adam in the first book, and then we got to know Warner in the second and *swoon*. I might catch some flack for this, but I love him because he's the bad guy. I think he's screwed up as I'll get out and I love it. I mean, their relationship is unhealthy and dangerous and should never happen in real life, but in the books? Hell yeah. Let's go. I just think Warner is so hot. Man.
5. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - I LOVE WILL HERONDALE AND I WILL SING IT TO THE HEAVENS UNTIL I CAN NO LONGER SING (not that my singing's any good now, but you get my point). I loved Will in the first book and then fell more in love with every proceeding book. I love him. I love his snark and his wild sense of humor and his determination that demon pox is real. His and Tessa's mutual love of books is so wonderful and now I want to reread the series and bawl my eyes out at the last book again...
6. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - Liam melts my heart more and more with every word he speaks. He's such a darling. I love his gentle southern gentlemanlyness and how accepting he is of Ruby. I love the way he takes care of everybody and how he and Ruby slowly fall in love. I love all of him. Goodness.
7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - ETIENNE ST. CLAIR. need I say more? No, but I will. Falling in love in Paris is one of the most romantic plot lines I can think of. I love how funny he is, and how he and Anna become BFFs before they fall madly in love. I love their crazy excursions into France and the way they're there for each other (for most of the book until the end when there's a million miscommunications and everything goes to Hell in a handbasket). I love this book. Go read it.
8. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater - Yes, I'm picking the second one. This series isn't really intended to be a romance, or that's really not the main plot of the book (thank you Queen Maggie), and in The Raven Boys we spend so much time getting to know all the characters that there isn't any time for swooning (who wants to swoon on a quest anyways. that's not how to get things done). But, in the second? I think I fell in love a little with every single one of the boys (and Blue is like my biggest girl crush). Gansey is such a goober and Adam is so broken and Noah is smudgy and Ronan is so dynamic and I love them all. LOVE. (especially Gansey's glasses)
9. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard - Daniel Sheridan is wonderful. He calls her Empress and they argue and I love it. I love steampunk zombies, especially when a cute boy is involved. He and Eleanor and such a great team and he's such an awkward dork and I love it.
10. Poison Princess by Kresley Cole - Jack is sexy. He and Evie hate each other and there's so much sexual tension you could cut it with a knife. I love the way they argue and how they're both so stubborn. Plus, this series has some of the sexiest scenes you can find in YA. The second book gets really daring and it's hot. Really hot. Read it.
Any other swoon worthy books I need to check out?? :)