Nov 26, 2012

Burn for Burn

Jenny Han  & Siobhan Vivien
Pages: 368
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Format: eBook
Source: Pulse It
Age Group: Young Adult
Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1)Date Published: September 18, 2012

BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY...THEY GET EVEN.
Lillia has never had any problems dealing with boys who like her. Not until this summer, when one went too far. No way will she let the same thing happen to her little sister.
Kat is tired of the rumours, the insults, the cruel jokes. It all goes back to one person– her ex-best friend– and she's ready to make her pay.
Four years ago, Mary left Jar Island because of a boy. But she's not the same girl anymore. And she's ready to prove it to him.
Three very different girls who want the same thing: sweet, sweet revenge. And they won't stop until they each had a taste.



So, I gotta say I totally love that cover. It was definitely my main drive to read the book. I love the three girls and the lighting and the title looks super cool. I really just think it's a gorgeous, perfect cover! And the story inside was definitely very interesting and it really sucked me in. I don't even normally read contemporary, and I definitely enjoyed it.

So, there are these three very, very different girls: Lillia- the popular cheerleader, Kat- smoker, music lover, ex-popular girl, and Mary-  sweet, yet awkward and kind of afraid of everything. They're all thrown together in this crazed search for revenge one night. Mary wants to get back at a boy who hurt her back in middle school, Lillia wants to protect her sister, and Kat wants to put her ex-friend in her place. Once they become these accidental friends, the rest of the book is centered on them getting their revenge then it ends in this cliffhanger that hooks you into wanting to read the next book. I wanna say I was hoping for maybe a little more romance, but at the same time I liked that it was centered on the girls.

Kat was definitely my favorite. She's stubborn, cool, and could care less about rules. I love the way she just gets people to do what she wants. And she has this air of "I don't give a crap about what you suckers think of me." I do think her smoking was kind of gross, but it definitely added to her persona. I just thought she was awesome. I did like Lillia, too. She was calm and collected and always did what had to be done. Mary was definitely my least favorite, since I couldn't really relate to her. Her POV chapters were meek and timid and she'd been held back a grade, and the only thing we had in common was 7th grade bullying. Because of that though, I couldn't hate her. And she was most certainly a sweet girl. Overall, I really liked the three as a trio- I thought they worked really well together.

I'm gonna give this book 4 'staches, because it was definitely a good read but it wasn't exactly my thing? I will definitely be reading the next one, though!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. The cliffhanger pretty much blew my mind (I should have seen it coming because I read what genre this book is technically under but I didn't) so I'm definitely reading the sequel as well. I agree - the trio really worked well together. Great review! :)

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this book from the library this week, wasn't sure exactly what it was going to be like. Thanks the review, mega help, excited to read it now. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...