Nov 2, 2012

Feature & Follow (15)

Gain New Blog Followers 
The Feature & Follow blog hop is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers

If you're new to the Follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Q: What is a deal breaker for you in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can't deal with bad editing?

A: I really hate an annoying heroine. You know, the kind who is all "Oh, I'm so not pretty." "Boys, please save me." and "I'm so much better than everyone else because I am super cute and humble." *cue girly little giggle* and then all the male characters fall at her feet? That always bothers me. I also can't stand a push-over hero. Like, please. Who wants to date a guy who just kind of does whatever the heck you tell them to? I would find that boring. I definitely find it boring in books.

I also don't like long, drawn out descriptions, but for those, I'll just skip the describing paragraphs (I know, bad Megan), and get to the action and dialogue.

I now feel kind of mean. What bugs you? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of the push-over heroine either - the one who has someone else always saving her.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO hate an annoying heroine (one who is wimpy or dumb, and makes stupid mistakes and has to constantly be saved!!) and I really hate a push over hero too!!
    I like a real manish man! haha
    Old follower-
    Come check out My FF
    -Theresa

    Also, don’t forget to enter my Giveaway to win any book from the book depository, HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you on the annoying heroine and pushover hero! They need to be dynamic and a protagonist who is not at all self-aware can be pretty annoying. I'm a new follower from The Book Asylum and I'm a Megan too! :) Happy Friday.

    http://thebookasylum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome answer. :)
    old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2012/11/friday-56-9-feature-friday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahaha your description of a weak/annoying heroine was awesome! Exactly, that drives me crazy too! I just can't relate to girls like that and they bug me so I try to avoid books featuring MC's like that. Great answer :) Old follower, here's my FFF

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was pretty much my pick too!

    new follower

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...