Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today's theme is "Top Ten Books/Authors I'm Thankful For."
1. Cassandra Clare- Her books got me off the whole Twilight craze. They made me realize there were actually other books out there (something I hadn't been able to figure out?). I think I read the first three Mortal Instruments books in 2 days (I had gotten the box set for Christmas in 2009 I think). I make all of my friends read them (Jonathan has had CoB for like 3 weeks now and my set is incomplete and it makes me sad). Like, we each have characters. We are such nerds. (But I'm Isabelle, so it's okay).
2. Michelle Hodkin!!! She wrote my favoritest series of all time. I am so in love with Mara Dyer, y'all don't even know (er maybe you do). I'm even considering doing a character appreciation post for Mara, because she doesn't get enough love. And OMG Noah. I love him. I love Michelle's writing style, too. It makes me feel smart. And it's awesome. She's amazing. A lot. I'm a little obsessed. Her blog is so pretty, too. I want that Noah POV scene so bad. GOOD GOLLY I really do love her writing. I also really, really, really need a Croyden Academy button, if somebody can hook me up I will love you forever. And a bookmark, but I don't care for which book :)
3. Jennifer Armentrout! She's so awesome and funny and interacts with bloggers and I just love her. (I still don't have Deity and my soul is just so sad. I want it) I'm so in love with Daemon Black and I hate Seth and Katy is adorable and Alex is freaking cool and I love all of her characters. And her books are so fun to read. Like, the Covenant series is more actiony than Lux, but both the romances are so fantastic. I love Aiden, too. But Daemon will always be my favorite. ALWAYS. I have a Daemon Invasion bookmark. It's so cute.
4. Rick Riordan- His books, man. They are like my inner kid. I love Percy Jackson so, so, so much. And I saw him, like in person. I wore my Camp Half-Blood t-shirt to school a couple days ago (I told you I was nerdy). I should post a pic of my copy of The Lightning Thief because it's falling apart. I really have read it nearly 20 times.
5. Lemony Snicket- The Series of Unfortunate Events was the first book series I ever obsessed over. I read them between first, second and third grade, and I just lurved them! I loved the idea of these poor genius orphans and how they were so mistreated. It fascinated little 6-8 year old me. I actually used to dream I was an orphan so I could be like Violet. She was always my favorite.
6. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard- I actually just read this (I posted my review yesterday), and LOVED IT. It was my first zombie book, and it made me want to read more. It was a really good intro into the whole zombie craze, in my opinion. I am very glad I read it!!
7. Defiance by C.J. Redwine- this was my very first ARC, and I will cherish it forever. It was a really cool feeling to find it in my mailbox from EpicReads, before it came out.
8. BLAH I just wrote an essay.
9. does food count as an author?
I swear, that wasn't cheating. Besides, my use of color makes up for whatever nonexistent cheating you think I did :) What are you guys thankful for, book-wise?