Nov 23, 2012

Deity

Jennifer Armentrout
Pages: 360
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Format: eBook
Source: Barnes & Noble
Age Group: Upper YA
Deity (Covenant, #3)Publication Date: November 6, 2012

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "
Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.
If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.
But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.
Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...


AHHHH this is definitely the best Covenant book yet!!!!!! The romance was amazing (I hate Seth with a passion... but that's nothing new), the action was cool, and she brought like a ton of the Greek myths in, and y'all should know I'm a total Greek mythology junkie. I love JLA's take on it, and Artemis definitely had the coolest get-up ever. Gosh, I just love Aiden sosososososo much. He was always my favorite, but he got like 100000x more awesome in this one (and then don't even get me started on Elixir). Lemme just say this book was amazing. And I seriously can't believe that it took me more than two freakin' weeks to get my hands on it. I have no idea how I managed to wait that long. Stupid Megan.

So, I really really really don't wanna spoil anything for you guys, so I'm not gonna go a whole lot into the plot (if you've read Deity already, I'll be posting my Elixir review tomorrow with Deity spoilers). Basically, I dislike Seth strongly, Aiden is sexy and amazing as always, and Alex is too compassionate for her own good. And I think she tries to beat up a god. But so does Aiden. And there's the Greek myths really integrated in there and it's so dang cool. Like, forget the Percy Jackson gods. These guys are so different from any other take I've read on the Greek myths, and, trust me, you'll love it. They don't really come into play 'til like the second half of the book though :( We do get to know Apollo really well, so it's okay.

Characters! Ahhh Alex's snark is up to full volume in this one. I love how sarcastic she always is (I like to think I'm like her) and her mouth does get her in trouble all too often. She's impulsive and funny. Everything thinks she just sort of hits without thinking (this is true) and she's in denial about it. There's this one scene where she's talking to Apollo and he says something and then leans back, saying "Don't hit me!" at her. It's so funny. When she's upset or angry she just needs to hit something. Books like this always make me wanna hit the gym. I love Alex. She's such a great heroine, and I just adore her character. Aiden is definitely getting ranked up there with Daemon in my book. In Half-Blood and Pure, Aiden was never very funny or forthcoming about himself. But, in Deity, he's very different. He's more carefree in this one, and we get to see this sillier, cuter side of Aiden that we haven't seen before. It just makes him a bajillion times better than he ever was, and he was already my favorite love interest in the series. He has silver freaking eyes, and gorgeous dark hair. How can I not adore him? He's just great.

Since this is my very favorite Covenant book yet, it definitely gets 5 'staches. JLA does a fantastic job with mixing the Greek myths in, which is something we haven't seen yet in this series. I loved it!!!


Now all I need is Apollyon. Too bad it doesn't come out until freaking April. :( I needs it now. The ending is so epic, I just need the next full book!! Elixir does ease some of the sadness, though. I'm posting my review for that one tomorrow. :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...